- S. Makonin, W. Sung, R. Dela Cruz, B. Yarrow, B. Gill, F. Popowich, and I. V. Bajic, “Inspiring energy conservation through open source metering hardware and embedded real-time load disaggregation,” in Asia-Pacific Power and Energy Engineering Conference (APPEEC), 5th IEEE PES, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- S. Makonin, F. Popowich, L. Bartram, B. Gill, and I. V. Bajic, “AMPds: A Public Dataset for Load Disaggregation and Eco-Feedback Research,” in Electrical Power and Energy Conference (EPEC), 2013 IEEE, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- S. Makonin, F. Popowich, T. Moon, and B. Gill, “Inspiring Energy Conservation Through Open Source Power Monitoring and In-Home Display,” in 2013 IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting, pp. 1–5, 2013.
- S. Makonin, F. Popowich, and B. Gill, “The Cognitive Power Meter: Looking Beyond the Smart Meter,” in Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE), 2013 26th IEEE Canadian Conference on, pp. 1–5, 2013.
- S. Makonin, L. Bartram, and F. Popowich, “A Smarter Smart Home: Case Studies of Ambient Intelligence,” Pervasive Computing, IEEE, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 58–66, 2013.
- S. Makonin, M. Kashani, and L. Bartram, ”The Affect of Lifestyle Factors on Eco-Visualization Design,“ in Computer Graphics International (CGI), pp. 1–10, 2012.
- S. Makonin and F. Popowich, ”Home Occupancy Agent: Occupancy and Sleep Detection,” GSTF Journal on Computing, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 182–186, 2012.
- S. Makonin, P. Pasquier, and L. Bartram, ”Elements of Consumption: an abstract visualization of household consumption,” in Smart Graphics, vol. 6815 of LNSC, pp. 194–198, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2011.
- S. Makonin and F. Popowich, ”An intelligent agent for determining home occupancy using power monitors and light sensors,” in Toward Useful Services for Elderly and People with Disabilities, vol. 6719 of LNCS, pp. 236–240, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2011.